Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

British date format / US date format

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reesy

Programmer
Aug 7, 2002
GB
I have an asp page which selects information from an Oracle 8i database using ODBC and displays it in a browser window.
One of the fields displayed is a date - this date is being shown in US format i.e. Month/Day/Year
I want it to be displayed in British format - Day/Month/Year

The 'Windows 2000 Server' running IIS is set up for British date and time in the control panel.

Also the same asp page running on a different server (a windows 98 PC running PWS) shows the date correctly.

Anybody any ideas? - Are there any IIS settings for date format?

Thanks in advance for any pointers!! Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

Thanks onpnt!
That does the job.

There must be a setting somewhere though - you shouldn't have to put that code into every site you write??

Reesy. Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

did a bit of looking around and came up with this. although systems do not match the criteria it should give you a looking reference. sorry, not in the position to actually look at this live as I'm without IIS at the moment. :(

Control Panel > Regional Settings Date Tab. Set short date preference to M/d/yyyy. This setting is often lost on rebooting Windows NT (it returns to M/d/yy which causes a Y2K problem). Reset short date preference to M/d/yyyy as shown and problems should clear.

link

and then we have it :)

Try setting it from Control Panel,regional setting box

The regional settings, short date etc. are all set up correctly i.e. for English (UK) and dd/mm/yyyy

Strange! Blood, Sweat But No Tears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back