Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bringing a new collge grad into the IT world

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wootoid

Technical User
Jul 26, 2008
US
I have been granted the task of bringing a new hire direct from college into our IT world. This new hire is not, from what I am aware of, very familiar with programming with the exception of some html, and we will be training the user in Powerbuilder 9 initially.

Our company has never really had a process for bringing recent college grads in, as they have, up until now, only done it once.

What I am looking for would be a little advice on how one would start bringing someone with little IT experience into this world. What would you expect the user to be able to do after the first week or two?

I intend to sit down with him, and go over business processes, find out what he really does know about development, and really hit the basics of our environment, but it would be good to have an idea of what some others would do, have done, and what their experiences have been.

Any help will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back