Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bringing a file from the server to copy on an "A" drive??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

atech4

Technical User
Apr 13, 2000
US
Visit site
I've designed the form with the required drive list box, which gives me access to our server and the file (named 2.53.1). I now need to copy this file to an &quot;A&quot; drive diskette. ????<br>Help!<br><A HREF="mailto:larrya@onebox.com">larrya@onebox.com</A>

<br>Use the Win32 API called &quot;CopyFile&quot;.<br><FONT FACE=monospace><br>Private Declare Function CopyFile Lib &quot;kernel32&quot; Alias &quot;CopyFileA&quot; (ByVal lpExistingFileName As String, ByVal lpNewFileName As String, ByVal bFailIfExists As Long) As Long<br></font><br><br>This function returns a zero if it fails.&nbsp;&nbsp;Call <FONT FACE=monospace>GetLastError()</font> if you want to find out the Win32 error code.<br><br>Chip H.<br>

Exist the visual basic function :<br><br>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;FileCopy(source as string, destination as string)<br><br><br>Fabiana Etchepare

Fabiana -<br><br>Thanks for the tip -- I had forgotton about it.&nbsp;&nbsp;So once again, I suggested a too-complex solution!<br><br>But maybe it's good practice for atech4 to make an API call -- that way he/she can learn some about how to make low level calls.<br><br>Chip H.<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back