Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor v9 does not see contents of tape

Status
Not open for further replies.

myroot

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2003
ES
Hi Again,

While i am having some trouble with the another
machine //see my other message //, i am also working
on drive imaging + Brightstor v 9, but some problems
arraised.

On another machine, hp lc2000r with DAT TAPE i got windows nt 4 sp 6 installed. 2 hard disks, no hardware raid1 etc, just to seperate disks //company rules//

made a bootable cd with powerquest driveimage 2002
already had a image of c:, with Brightstor v9 installed,
and i allways succesfully backed up and restored with no problems. OK. made a full backup of drive D with data,
and having a working boot cd with system partition on it
i removed the first drive //just for testing// booted up
with the boot cd copy the system image to this drive, booted againg, and windows nt 4 succesfully starts,
with Brightstor v9 running and ready. BUT... having the tape already inserted and trying to restore drive D //remember, that was my drive D partition with data and app, Brightstor does not see the contents of the tape.
it does see the tape, but when i using my mouse to click machine name for restoring so that on right side appears
the contents of the tape, nothing hapens... rescaned the tape. it should be working because Brightstor v9 saves the cat file to tape so although the image file //on boot cd// may not contain the cat files or whatever, Brightstor should be able to see the contents of tape and restore to original location etc

i do not understand it

please help
thanx in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back