Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor r11.5 SP1 client agent problem - Newbie (HELP!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaddyT

Technical User
Dec 12, 2000
GB
I purchased an Omega Rev Drive which came with Brightstor r11.5 SP1. Installed fine. Can backup local server fine. I also have a second server, so purchased an additional Brightstor Arcserve Backup Client Agent.

This is where the problem lies. I am unable to see the secondary server in the backup tree. I think that I have installed the client correctly, but I am unable to add or see this server. I am struggling as to what the procedure may be to allow me to backup this secondary server.

Please...any help hugely appreciated!! Thanks in advance.

Hi

Make sure that the universal client agent service is running on the secondary server .if yes start the ca services on the secondary server.

add the machine , under the source tab >>

Windowsnt/2000/xp/2003 >>> right click add the machine

Type the host name and IP , give the proper credentials...

Also can you able to see the machines from the networks in side the arcserve manager ??

cheers

Sandy

I have checked and the universal client agent is running. Ca services are also started on the secondary server.

When I try and add the secondary server, by right clicking, nothing happens. I do not get the option to add server. In the networks screen, it does not see anything apart from the local server. For some reasonl, I cannot get it to see the network at all.

Any thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back