Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor job failure with Exchange 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

baf879

IS-IT--Management
Jan 22, 2004
US
I have Brightstor configured to do a brick-level backup of my Exchange 2003 server with the agent. My problem, I suppose, is possibly just a limitation of the software.

When I disable a user on Active Directory, I know that Brightstor can't back up the mailbox because of how it performs the brick level backup. However, the job always comes up as a failure on the status console. Aside from explicitly removing them from the job, is there any way around getting the failure code? Has anyone else had this problem and found a away around it? The only reason I keep the disabled mailboxes is so a supervisor can read the old emails. Once finished, we delete it. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Unfortunately I know of no way around it throught BrightStor. However I do not know if it is possible for you to export the mail to a pst file and then allow the supervisor to open that pst file to review the emails. Then you should be able to keep the mail for however long it is needed while clearing space up on your exchange server.

Just a thought anyways.

Good Luck.

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I'm going to try that (hopefully today) and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back