Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BrightStor 9.0 Licence Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

aalva

IS-IT--Management
Feb 16, 2003
PE
Can anyone help with the following error. It reads as follows. "Computer Associates Licensing - 39OF - License Failure. Terminating. Please run the appropriate license program to properly license your product."

The problem is that i have licenced the product, this machine is a Nt 4.0 SP6 with lotus Notes 4.6
Only has the lotus agent, the backup take place in another machine with a msl5030, LTO license both the manager and the tape option.

Whe i review the programs licence i see 3 diferent item

3WCC (Unknow component)-- this is ARCserveIT Workgroup/Advanced Edition Backup Agent for Open Files
the next line is BrightStor Arcserve Backup Agent for Lotus Notes for Windows under license count 99999999
and the last line is
3QHX(Unknow Component) this is ARCserveIT/ARCserve 2000 Workgroup/Advanced Edition Backup Agent for Lotus Notes

I only install one component and appears 3.. and everyone 4 hours appears a message that says License violated.

HELP Pls

The 390F is the Open File Agent for ARCserve v9, check if there is an BrightStor Open File Agent service running on the machine.

regards

39OF is BAB 9.0 OFA
3WCC is ARCserve 6.0 or 6.61 OFA
3QHX ARCserve 2000 Notes Agent

Keep in mind there are two different types of Notes agents one uses OFA and the other does not. Looks like there is some previous installations.

It might be a good idea to check and uninstall all versions then restart the system and do a clean reinstall. Restart is important because OFA uses both a driver and a service, and as we all know in Windows drivers load/unload only on startup. (just the way anyone might design a desktop OS, but no one in their right mind would design a server OS(oh I'm sorry was I complaining about Microsoft))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back