Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor 11.5 SP2 - Running in Network with 400 servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2001
US
Anyone running Brighstor 11.5 SP2 in a Large Network with 400 servers or more? We are having some performance issues since upgrading from 11.5 SP1 to 11.5 SP2. Any information would be greatly appreciated. If possible, can you tell me the size of your netwotk. Thanks.

What kind of "performance issues" are you having?, it would be a good idea If you describe the architecture used to handle these many servers.

Cacruz,

We are having backup speed issues. We notice that when we updated to SP2 our backup performance got slower. We still have a Brightstor installation that is still SP1 and it runs great. Any ideas what it could be outside of going to SP2. Nothing in the Network has changed.

Hey guys,

I'm in the same boat. CA support said "upgrade this! and upgrade that!" and now I'm hosed w. respect to bandwidth.
I've done everyrhing, agents set for TCP/IP vs. host name, QoS on our Alcatel switches so any bandwidth between my CA Brightstor server to the target IP is prioritized on the network.
Right now, I've rebuilt my scripts clean, and am doing a full test of a couple of windows servers w. the 11.5 agents, see if that speeds things up any. I'll followup if it does or doesn't affect throughput/speed of backup.

P.S. I've got MSSQL, ORACLE, NOVELL 6.5, MSFT Win2k Server to Win2K3 as well as a host of application servers.

Check to see if you are losing hardware compression. Once we upgraded to SP2, we started having this problem and our backups have major performance issues when this happens. Our differential backups will run days instead of hours. CA is working on it (since last Oct....)

Hi Palindrome,
I don't have a solution to your problem but I'm curious regarding one thing:
Do you monitor the status of each backup and if yes how?
We're also running a large network and I'm planning to start monitoring the backup results for each server.

Hope your issue gets solved.

Thanks,
GSC

I believe SP3 has been released lately, might be worse giving a try on few servers.

Anyway.. I kicked Arcserve out, feed-up to the mountain of problem and those support guys who seem not to have ever seen the product !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back