Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor 11.5 SP2 - Running in Network with 400 servers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 15, 2001
US
Anyone running Brighstor 11.5 SP2 in a Large Network with 400 servers or more? We are having some performance issues since upgrading from 11.5 SP1 to 11.5 SP2. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

We are running a large shop also and had a lot of trouble when we upgraded. Check to make sure that everything is up to date. Check drivers, firmware, etc on everything including the tape drives. We had to have everything for every piece of equipment involved and all software at the latest versions in order to get 11.5 sp2 to run correctly.

BETuser,

Thanks for the info. I think most of our newtork servers has been upgraded and checked. Can I ask "How many servers are in your network"? Also have you ever seen a message on Brightstor "Lost connection to agent". We have some servers that are clustered with 16 shared disks that we are having these problems with. The only commonality with this issue is that they are clusterered with multiple drives over 16.

Thanks again for your response!!!

I've heard this complaint before but so far have not been able to track the problem down to ARCserve SP2. The lower performance has always been due to something else so other than normal throughput troubleshooting I don't have anything to suggest.

Thanks for the info. We are still looking at devices and drivers within the network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back