Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

brighstor 12.5 and exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

josh2009

Technical User
Jun 18, 2009
IE
Hi,
I am prompted for credentials in brighstor 12.5 when try to open microsoft exchange server first storage group document level. does not accept domain admin account. same thing on 2 different sbs2008 servers
is there a solution?

the back of the Exchange DB Agent manual details how to enable debug. Set it for the highest level and ck the logs at the server and agent side. That's the best I can come up with.

I had this issue and it took several weeks with both CA techs and Microsoft to resolve it.

my setup was as follows.
AD server 2003 running Arcserve 12.5
Exchange 2007 on server 2008

This is a copy of the final resolution from CA.

PROBLEM
=======
“Unable to take GRT backup on exchange SERVERNAME through account created for taking backup i.e. 12345.”

RESOLUTION
==========
1) You were trying to take document level backup of exchange mailboxes he get prompt for credentials
2) Logged in through account 12345 which customer had created for taking backup
3) On outlook , selected other users folder & we were unable to access john (test) mailbox
4) Given Manage Full Access Permission to account 12345 on user john
5) Now we were able to access the inbox of John while using OL of account 12345
6) But when we try to expand the mailbox on arc serve then we were getting popup for credentials
7) Ran Add-AD Permission -Identity "Mailbox Store" -User "12345" -ExtendedRights Receive-As
8) Restarted all services on arc serve but no use
9) Ran Get-MailboxDatabase -identity "SERVERNAME\First Storage Group\Mailbox Database" | Add-ADPermission -user "DOMAIN\12345" -ExtendedRights Receive-As, Send-As
10) Used the same Account what the Backup was using called "1234" for MFCMAPI
11) Now we are able to Log on to other users mailbox using MFC MAPI
12) Rito Suggested to disable Ipv6 & rebooted the server
13) After that We were found that Document level backup was successful
14) Hence right collaboration with Arc serve & Microsoft resolves the issue.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back