Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridgehead on a single Exchange Server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 4, 2002
US
Hi,

I am trying to setup a new exchange server, I have everything running, and I receive mail fine. I can not send to anyone except my network provider. I tried to run the Internet Mail Wizard, but it thinks I am a bridgehead server. I looked where you are supposed to shut that feature off, but it does not appear to be enabled.

This is the only exchange server I have, and I need it to work as both send/receive server.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I tried to run the internet E-mail Wizard again, and it still thinks the server is a bridgehead server, producing the error ID no: c103b530
from the exchange system manager

This did not produce an error in the event logs.

This is done in the Active Directory Sites and Services

When I open it, there is nothing in the Properties page designating it as a bridgehead server.

The instructions are as follows:

Use the Server object properties to remove a preferred bridgehead server from the IP transport.

Administrative Credentials

To perform this procedure, you must be a member of the Domain Admins group.

To configure the server to not be a preferred bridgehead server
Open Active Directory Sites and Services.

Expand the Sites container, and then expand the site of the preferred bridgehead server.

Expand the Servers node to display the list of domain controllers currently configured for that site.

Right-click the server you want to remove, and then click Properties.

If IP appears in the list that marks this server as a bridgehead server for the IP transport, click IP, click Remove, and then click OK.

Thanx,

Bruce

Actually it is Exchange Server 2003 Standard w/sp2 and the wizard is in the Exchange System Manager module
right click on the Exchange server name, second option
Internet Mail Wizard

Thanx,

Thank you all for the help, but I have discvered that the bridgehead issue was not my problemm at all. My provider negelcted to give me the correct configuration information.

All set....

Thanx,

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back