Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmcshane

Technical User
Jun 25, 2004
IE
Hi there,
Have a problem with a Bridged appearance setup. We have an extension set up as a hotline. Users call the hotline number which then rings in that area on a 6416 (it is not handled on this phone). The hotline extension appears as a bridged appearance on three keys on the phones of the guys who handle the hotline calls and flashes only. Some of the users are complaining that calls are ringing on the hotline extension and when they try and handle the call (by picking up the line that flashing) it still rings on the 6416 and doesn’t go through to the user?????
I can’t figure it out. According to the guys in this group it an intermittent problem. Any ideas? Could this be a capacity issue? From the 9-5 the line can get quite busy.
There are six users in total that have the hotline number programmed as a bridged appearance (x3)
Any ideas?

Check these settings on page 2 of the station form

Per Button Ring Control? y
Bridged Call Alerting? y
Active Station Ringing: continuous

Then change the ringing on page 3 for the bridge appearances.
Good Luck
Yimmer

thanks, I changed the settings but the some users are still unable to pick up calls. even though it rings bridged appearance extension is still ringing?

You could just make a single bridged extension on 1 phone,
make sure it works fine there. Then add all the extensions to a pick up group.

Joe

it just happened again. This time a call came in on Hotline number xxxx (which appears as 3 bridged appearances on six phones) and rang on all three keys. The guys that with that bridged app could not pick up the call even though it flashed and rang on the 3 keys on each of teh phones........ ahhhhhhhhhhhh.

This time a call came in on Hotline number xxxx (which appears as 3 bridged appearances on six phones) and rang on all three keys... ...even though it flashed and rang on the 3 keys on each of teh phones

How do yo have the bridged appearences setup? If a call comes in, it should only light up one button on the bridged phone, not all three...
check the bridged phones, and make sure each of the three buttons point to a different button (appearence) on the original phone...

You have to remember too that even with 6 users, they will still only able to handle two calls at a time and the third will get a busy (or go to VM if it has it). That's not very efficient if they get a lot of calls. I wouldn't use b/a's. I'd use a coverage answer group. That way you could take up to 6 calls (with 6 people, 8 total if you had 8 people). Plus, with either of these scenario's you don't need an actual live phone of the hotline extention. Why is there a live phone? Is it so they can hear it ringing without having it ring on all their phones? If so, you could install a simple analog ringing device (Radioshack) and have it be a member of the coverage answer group too. If they need further indication that it's a coverage answer group call, use the in-call-id button.

Hi Zen16

extension xxxx is set up as a brindged appearance x 3 (on 3 keys)and set to ring on each of the teams 6408 or 2410's. Some use headsets while others don't.

I have to agree with cycle... I missed the 6 users part, bridged appearences is very inefficient, especially if it is busy during 9-5, only 2 calls at a time being able to taken will definately slow things down. I would use a cov ans group, or a hunt group/ACD, and you could still tell what kind of call it is by the display..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back