Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bridged appearance shows instead of features on 9611g 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

think1st

Vendor
Sep 30, 2005
US
I have a bunch of 9611g sets. Some have button modules. I have FBONCASCREEN set to 1 in my 46XXsettings. Also in the sets I have turned on split screen. On sets that do not have any bridged appearances my features now appear as they should right after the call appearances on the main screen. On sets that have bridged appearances no matter what key I put the bridged appearances on they always move down so they are next in line after the call appearance buttons.

Is there a way to force the bridged appearances to stay on the button they are administered on?

this has boggled my mind for some time now, why does avaya do this? leave the button where i programmed it!!

i prefer clarity to agreement - dennis prager

What you are seeing is the intended operation according to the Admin Guide:
"If the total number of call appearances is less than the number of Application Lines the deskphone supports, then all call appearances, either primary or bridged, that have been administered for the deskphone including any adjunct button modules, if applicable, are displayed in order. The remaining Application Lines display the first administered feature buttons for the deskphone, in order from top to bottom without any gaps."

It is done by design, all line appearances appear as the fist button, for example if a standard line appearance or bridged appearance is set to button 10 and 11 they still appear as button 1 and 2 on the phone display, no matter your settings. I don't know why they designed this as it makes sense that we all know where we want to put our buttons, hence why we do it.... At the very least you'd hope for an error when programming forcing you to program the 2nd appearance on button 2, 3rd to button 3 etc.. At least then it'd make some sense....

Try using team buttons instead of bridged appearances, they work very similar but team buttons can be placed where you want them.

------------------------------------------
Self Taught Genius!!

all dial tone will appear on the PHONE screen, no matter where you administer the bridged lines.

sorry think1st,

so far you just have 1 guy pissing and moaning (me), and 3 others saying "intended, designed, and *will* appear...no matter".

seven years from now you'll get an email notification that there's been a response to this thread, so you'll log into tek-tips to see if finally avaya has come up with a new command in the 46xxsettings file, or a new special feature in cm, or anything! but, instead, the latest post will come from a grump like me who's still annoyed that he can't actually, technically control *every* button on an avaya phone. or it will come from someone saying "this is normal behavior, and was the original intended design, and this will happen, it just will - no matter what...."

i prefer clarity to agreement - dennis prager

I guess the idea was to prevent line appearances being hidden? The team buttons are a good alternative.

------------------------------------------
Self Taught Genius!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back