Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged appearance on coverage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

danbiggs

IS-IT--Management
Sep 28, 2000
GB

Does anybody know of a way to stop the bridged call appearance staying on a station after a call has gone to coverage? We've recently changed the way we use cover paths and users keep jumping in on calls that have covered to someone else, creating unwanted conference calls.

Any help greatly appreciated!

If you have call vectoring, you can put the covering user extension in a one step vector using a route-to <extension> step. Create a VDN to point to the vector and then change the coverage path to cover to the VDN instead of the extension. This will remove the call from the bridged appearance when it covers but it also removes it from the principal's phone. If what you want is the call to be removed from the bridged and not the principal's phone, unfortunatly you can not do it.
I don't have access to a switch to test the above VDN/vector solution and one thing I couldn't find in the administration documentation is if it will go to another coverage point after a VDN. The call coverage software in the Definity is really complex (I used to test Definity software for Bell Labs in another life) and you can do some strange and wonderful (and not so wonderful) things by screwing with coverage paths, call coverage groups, vectors, etc.

Hope this helps.

Leo V. Brown

Thanks I think this will work. The cover paths have more than one covering extension, so what I will do is have the cover path on the principal's phone go to a one step vector which routes to a dummy extension, which in turn has the full cover path that we want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back