Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged Appearance issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgeisler1

IS-IT--Management
Aug 14, 2013
US
I have a training phone I use when our registration group needs to train a new employee. The new employee hits the Bridged Appearance button of the set extension when a call comes in to listen in on the call. Some of the calls don't work properly, instead on turning the call into a conference so the new employee can listen in, it just beeps at them and does nothing.

I have messed around with the call intrusion settings, phone reboot, and phone rebuild.

Suggestions?

That's not the way to do it, you should use a Call listen button then enter the extn or press the user button, not by pressing Bridged Appearance keys :)

Do the supervisor have all the bridged appearances for the trainee (1, 2, 3)? If they received a call on their call appearance 2 button and the bridged appearance was for button 1 it would beep as you can't use a button 1 bridged appearance to join onto their call appearance 2. You would need a bridged appearance for 2.

You should set it up as a Call Listen Button for this feature anyway.

bridged appearances are for coverage, not for coaching.

1. turn "can Intrude" ON for the supervisor
2. turn "cannot be intruded" OFF for the trainee
3. create a monitoring hunt group, add the trainee, and make this group the monitoring group for the supervisor (required for some of the features of item 4).
4. add the appropriate button(s) to the supervisor (Call Listen, Call Intrude, or Coaching Intrusion). Enter action data for the button if this is to monitor one person only, or leave blank if for monitoring multiple people. This would also would require that multiple people have "cannot be intruded" ON, and that they all be added to the monitoring HG.

GB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back