Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged Appearance Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtetryyt

MIS
Feb 14, 2008
US
Is there a way to program a phone so it defaults to the bridged appearance when you take the phone off of the hook? I have a main number 7878 that is programmed on phone phone and then 7 other phones have bridged appearances of 7878.
Each of the other phones has a unique number, so when they pick up the phone and make an outbound call the person returning the call tries to call them back on the number of the main call appearance.....not the 7878 bridged appearance. Any way around this? Thanks

Change the individual extensions in "Ch public unknown numbering X"

Below is an example of ext 1131 sending out the 214765555 instead of 214-765-1131

ange public-unknown-numbering 1 Page 1 of 2
NUMBERING - PUBLIC/UNKNOWN FORMAT
Total Total
Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN Ext Ext Trk CPN CPN
Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len Len Code Grp(s) Prefix Len

4 1131 21476555 10

A lack of Planning On Your Part; Does Not Constitute an Emergency On My MINE!

Thanks....that solution will help for external calls, but the hospital operator will still be trying to call back on the extension of the phone, not the bridged appearance. Any other ideas? Thanks

Oh I guess I figured it out. I didn't know that it would allow you to remove a main call appearance from a phone, but it does.

Hi rtetyyt,

Can I ask how you managed to solve this as I'm in the process of doing something similar.

I have 2 extensions with a bridged appearance of a main number. The public unknown list has been modified so that they show the main number externally but i also want to show the main number to internal extensions when calling from the 2 extensions.

Is this what you managed to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back