Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged-Appearance Always Active

Status
Not open for further replies.

suitz

Vendor
Nov 2, 2006
US
I have a phone that resides in a fire station on a campus environment. This phone is bridged to about 25 other telephones. All of these other phones ALWAYS show the bridg-appr to be active weather or not the firehouse is actually using the phone or not.

And when i attempt to make a change to one of these other phones, I cannot because it errors with "object in use".

Does anyone know what would cause the appearance of the fire-station phone to always be active?

Could be data corruption, which would mean you need to get Avaya involved.

Have a word with AvayaTier3, a regular contributor here.
Much cheaper than Avaya and just as good if not better. Exceptionally good at corruption.

Speak softly and carry a big switch

That is easily resolved. It's caused by a bug.

A reset 2 (or higher) out of hours is the cheapest and quickest.

What is your hardware platform and Definity / CM software version?

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Thanks for the info - this is an 8720 running 4.0.2 JITC. I think I will go with the system reset and then if that does not clear the issue I may contact AVAYA concerning possible software corruption.

It's not software corruption. It's a status bug. The callid is stuck against the bridge record on the phone.

It can be cleared by a corruption person that zeros out the status of the call ID for the phone.
They will charge $ 600 to fix it without a reset but it will not be a permanent resolution. Reset 2 or higher will also clear this status.

what exactly is 4.0.2 JITC?

Is this the one? R014x.00.2.731.7
If so, this is JITC and the equivilent of 4.0.0 non-JITC

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

36 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 26 years and counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back