Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bridg-appr setup as an Alias

Status
Not open for further replies.

COVStephen

Systems Engineer
Jun 13, 2024
US
I am new, I came to work for my City. The previous Telecom tech retired. I am working with older equipment. using Avaya Site Admin 6.0 Yes I know!
Issue right now, is somehow the prev tech setup an Alias button on all of our 6424D+ phones to open another extension (which I can duplicate)"brdg-appr B:1 E:xxxx" I have duplicated that setup and added the button into a new person phone.
It shows up and in the trace program SysLog I can see it's path. When I trace it because there are issues dialing out it says anonymous on my caller ID. I also get busy tones.
Interestingly, the users that were setup fine I am reviewing but I notice that when they call out on all of them from there Alias line they are shown on the outbound caller ID and what the trace shows is that the call does not come from the secondary extension but from the primary customer service line, which is what I want. I am trying to understand what was done. Any and All help will be appreciated.

It's hard to know the specific configuration or settings that was applied by the previous technician.

You'll have to do some digging, I start here:

1. disp public-unknown-numbering [your extension lenght]

2. disp trunk-group [trunk #] and look for the Caller ID of Service Link Call (it's tab 2 on my system)

3. Check the station programming for: Per Station CPN - Send Calling Number
Determines Calling Party Number (CPN) information sent on outgoing calls from this station.

4. Class of Restriction (COR) settings can influence the ability of a station to send its caller ID.

5. And I think there's something about Caller ID in system-parameters features programming.

You can also check out <-- not sure this is very helpful here, but it does show the complete mapping of digit collection and routing...

C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back