Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brick Level Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

felixngu

MIS
Sep 2, 2008
SG
Hi All,

Is there any best practice or guidelines on how to backup exchange brick level successfully? I have tried to find from Internet but no luck.

In fact, I followed the CA Doc ID: TEC266871 to create an account to perform brick level backup. However, the backup was unsuccessful with error message: E8602 Failed to read from database. (DBNAME=Individual Mailboxes\, EC=Backup Agent Error -- (68) "Error status in named pipe.".)

I managed to search a CA Doc ID: TEC302338 which is related to the error. But it doesn't help as in the Exchange server itself there is no antivirus software installed.

Is there anyone who is managed to backup brick level successfully and I appreciate you can share it with me. As I have asked around, most of them are not implementing brick level.

By the way, I'm using BrightStor ARCserve Backup r11.5 SP3 (Build 4409). Thanks.

STop the AV Realtime scan on ur backup server.. when the backup runs..

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back