Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brick layer OK, Database is not problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duran

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2001
GB
Hey,

I have set up all my exchange permissions and stuff so that my file server can back up my Exchange 5.5 server (two different machines). The strange thing is I can back up the Bricks Level no problem but when it comes to the actual database backup I get the Insufficent Privileges error. I would have thought that if you have the permissions for Brick level backup one would have the permissions to do the databases. The account the Exchange backup is using is the same one exchange (the information store) uses. Can anyone shed a bit of light on this?

Arcserve 2000 SP3 on NT 4.0 SP6a

Exchange 5.5 SP4
Exchange Agent SP3
Both ON WIN2K SP2

Cheers,
Paul.

I use the Exhange system account for the Database, i.e. teh dbaexchg portion (Exservice), and the Arcserve account for the Brick...works fine.

So try that..

What error code do you get in the Arcserve Log ?
Probably E8604 !
When you schedule the job you have to enter for
each session the Admin account and the appropriate password.
Attention! If youre backup works remote, the admin account must have the UNC format.

Hope this helps

It gets worse.Wjense I tried your suggestion but no good. I got the same result.

Now there are more problems.

I still cannot backup the database and for some reason none of the mailbox calenders are being backed up. It doesn't end there, for some unknown reason the backup which used to take 5 hours is now taking over 20. Why this happened I have no clue. It's not one thing taking ages, it's the whole process.

I am on the verge of re-installing the whole lot again, but I am dreading putting all the bloody patches back on.

Any advice?

Paul

Just I would get this to the top again.

Paul I plug you in, dim the lights
Electric Barbarella !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back