Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BRI / BRSC configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

VinnyNorteltek

Technical User
Aug 6, 2007
US
I'm attempting to change an MISP on loop 140 that has an original configuration of 3 UILC's (loop's 128, 132 & 136) and 1 BRSC (Loop 148) with 8 UILC cards on that same IPE. Everything has been working fine. I removed the UILC from Loop 128 and added a BRSC to Loop 128 in the hopes of expanding our capacity. I added 2 UILC's to Loop 128 beyond the BRSC and I'm getting periodic errors on individual BRI circuits requiring me to disable everything associated with the MISP including disabling loop 140. Then I bring it all back up starting with ENLL 140 then ENLL BRSC 128 & 148 as well as associated UILC cards. The system holds for a while but then goes back into a bad state requiring me to go through the disable and enable process. I'm not receiving any error messages notifying me of a bad situation with the exception of an error message if I try to disable an individual BRI circuit. The error message I get after I disable and enable an individual circuit is ("BRI 851" DSL parameter cannot be downloaded because the Meridian 1 Could not send). Anyone out there with knowledge of this type configuration? Have I overloaded the capacity of the MISP? From what I gather from the manuals I should be able to do this. Respectfully, Vinny Leippert 407-380-8080

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back