Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Breakpoint Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarox

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
US
Hello all,

This is the first time this has happened to me in any programming language that I have used that uses breakpoints to allow you to step through your code. I inserted a breakpoint on an if..then statement in a keyup sub. Once the value of the textbox hits 4 it is to go into the statement. This means that the breakpoint should have been hit 4 times yet it shows that it was never hit once. I am not able to step through my code at any point on any form currently, yet was able to last week. I have changed nothing in the setup that would cause this.

Is there a bug with in .Net that breaks the breakpoint functionality? Is there someone out there who has encountered this before and can fix it or do I just need to do a uninstall/reinstall in order to get my breakpoints functioning again?

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Brian

Check that you aren't in Release configuration. If you are, your breakpoint will come up with a ? on it while you run the program. Switch back to Debug mode to load the debug symbols.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back