Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

breaking lines to look like doorways in Corel 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdin

Technical User
Jan 30, 2003
I am getting flustered over trying to make doorways in a plan of a building. Breaking the line and moving it to the position that it resembles an open door just like plans for a room. I am making a floor plan of our school for safety drill. I thought it would be easy in Corel 11. Corel draw 11 help can't even assist me what it tells me to do it wont do!! I found out about breaking a curve button but no matter what I do I can't find the "breaking a curve" button on the toolbar where it should be.....any takers on this

thanks....Denis

The example i'll use is for a rectangle but you can use it for any object connected with nodes eg-square/rectangle/oval/circle/line etc.

1) Draw rectangle (5th tool down)

1b) Convert shape to curves. (Arrange/Convert to curves)

2) Change to shape tool (2nd tool down)

3) Add as many extra nodes to the object as necessary.
(Double clicking on rectangle lines/using the + button)

4) TIP: Use guides / pre set increments to get nodes 100% mathematically correct in place.

5) Deselect object

6) Use shape tool again (2nd tool down)

7) Click once on any single node.

8) Up top on menu click on **"Break Curve"**

9) Now you can move the node around detached from the object.

ALternative to point 8 above:

Right click node and break curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back