Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Break in VB code

Status
Not open for further replies.

compdrmt

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
US
I normally program in VB with Access backend so i have fallen a little behind in VBA development

The problem that drove me nuts was that an event seemed like is was not firing. I finally discovered that it was firing but ignoring all the code due to an error in the code. As mentioned am used to VB so expected I could put a breakpoint and have it stop so I could step through and find the problem.

Breakpoints do not seem to work althought the interface allows them. There must be some setting somewhere i am missing. I use Access 2003 in this case

Any suggestions

Debugging is the process of removing bugs. Programming is the process of putting them in

due to an error in the code
Which error ? Compile time or run time ?
Anyway, when in VBE (Alt-F11), try to compile all your code: menu Debug -> Compile yourdatabase
BTW, what is the macro security level ?
In database window: menu Tools -> Macro -> Security ...

Hope This Help, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back