Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Break A Call In Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbrain

MIS
Oct 19, 2001
US
Does anyone know how I can get into the switch and break/stop a call that is currently in progress? Any help would be great!

i'm not realy understand your question.

if that call is connected from outsite the definity to a station than you can see with status station which port is connected to your station.
with busyout station xxxx(ext) or with busyout port xxxxxx(ds1 port) you can disconnect the call.

is this wat you want?

Greets, Bob

I tried the busyout plus the ext and nothing worked. It told me that I need to add mis(?). What I am trying to do is to stop a call in progress from the switch end. I want to be able to stop a call while it is being used so I can then make changes to the station.

I could view the station status, but was not able to do anything else from that point. Thanks for the response

As long as you're not working remote the easiest way I know to end a call on any system is to pull the wires off the station jumper, I'm not suggesting it mind you because it tends to piss people off, but it will end the call.

You need maintenance permissions but "busy station {ext}" will "disconnect" the caller. Also you can status the station and see what port it is connected to, then busy that port instead. Hope this helps.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back