Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Branch Office and SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbot

Programmer
Jan 23, 2003
GB
I am trying to get SIP trunking to work between a MO and SBO.
I can route the call from the SBO local exchange to the MO but can't route it back up to the SBO.
The ZDP/RLB/DMI etc are all OK, but the call never hits the Vtrk Dch - even when I force it with an acod..
Anyone had this or can suggest anything?

Maybe it is the way my NRS l1 and L0 domanins are configured. If anyone has some info on SBO's and SIP i would like to read them :)

I am on 4.00.55 + all Deplists and SS/MC manditory patches

Is the Virtual DCH is up ?
Is the STAT VTRM in LD 32 looks OK ?
In the NRS the SBO must be defined as Gateway and registered (you may see the IP@ in active DB)
Is the call from SBO to MO comes from an IP phone registered on the MO ? If so try a call from a TDM phone of the SBO to the MO.

Regards

Hi,
1. Yes it is
2. Idle reg'd
3. The SBO is defined with the MO in Gateway endpoints
4. Can't do IP at MO to TDM on SBO, will try SBO TDM to MO IP tomorrow

I am now pretty sure it is call types (SBO dials AC1 + XXX, = AC2 + ZDP + XXX and NRS is not understanding it), I wasn't sure if the SBO and other MO's were treated the same in SIP.

In NRS, the type of call MUST be the right one :
i.e.: When using SPN, the routing codes in NRS must be "special". If using DSC, the routing code in NRS must be "Level0", and so on...

In the IP Telephony tab in Sig Server, the config of the Sig serv must be enabled for SIP.

Yes, I have tried a lot of combinations.
I can force the call up the VTRK to the NRS but get it rejected.

On the NRS I have tried this config:

Service Domain = customer.com
L1 domain = myCompany.com
L0 domain = MyCDPDomain
Enpoints = siteA and siteB

and

Service Domain = customer.com
L1 domain = myCompany.com
L0 domain = MyCDPDomainA & L0 domain = MyCDPDomainB
EndpointA = siteA EndpointB = siteB

siteA is the MO and siteB is the SBO

Without the complication of AC2+ ZDP + number coming form the BO zone etc., I have just done this to try to make it work:

In the routing enteries I have (for simplicity)

call type SPN
DN 1234
cost 1

pointing to siteB

1234 is routed to the NRS. This is done with a DMI of CTYP SPN (i have tried all other types)

On the MSGI/O i get either NO ROUTE TO DESTINATION or NO CHANNEL/CIRC AVAILABLE or DESTINATION OUT OF SERVICE
Depending on if I force a call up using the ACOD or change the DMI to LOC/INTL/NCHG/UKWN or call type in the NRS.

This is a MO - SBO is there anything special I need to do for SIP to work? I have tried the MO and SBO as different L0 domains and tried routing between them and the MO and SBO in the same L0 domain, with siteA and siteB as enpointsas two endpoints.

When I try the SIP routing test it fails on special.SIP context. Is this a bug as L1/L0 works (only in the test not in reality)

Try:

On the last NRS i have programmed, i did not created a Level1 name with a .com
Only a name.

Telnet on each Sig Serv, logon with admin1 and pwd and make a call.
What is displayed?

Check:
The NRS (Gatekeeper) of the MO must be Leader and NRS at SBO must be Alternate.

Is the VDCH on SBO receiving messages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back