Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BPS2000 vs. Baystack 450 24-T 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcbear

Technical User
Oct 18, 2002
US

Given the choice of these two switches, which is better? Kind of a broad question, but I don't need both and am selling the least configurable one. They both seem to function the same, but I've heard the 2000 has some quirks to it. Anyone out there worked with both?

Thanks

Yes, I have worked with both and have found that the Baystacks are easier to configure and work with. We have had numerous problems with the BPS 2000.

Keep in mind that the BPS will give you QoS. Also if you stack the BPS with the 450's it gives the whole stack QoS.

We are using 450's, 460's, 470's and BPS's. No problem with any of them.

John

Is there a software package thats better/comparable and cheaper than Optivity?

JohnJohn , you say BPS stacked with 450 will give you QOS on the 450 , how does this work ? & which firmware versions needed for it .
Thanks in anticipation

Mucka

If you want qos you better keep the 450 out of it.
also if you have the old gig mda's you qos on the output is limitted since they work with strict queuing.
You are better of if you change it into gbic's mda's.

The bps and certainly the 450 are in sustaining mode. So new development (read new features) with them.
Therefore qos eap etc use the 460/470 or the 55xx series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back