Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bprd daemon error

Status
Not open for further replies.

pct3ch

MIS
Feb 3, 2003
US
Running Solaris 5.8 on a 220R. The power went out the other day and I noticed this error in /var/adm/messages:

bprd[223]: [ID 192819 daemon.error] Cannot contact NetBackup bpdbm. Terminating.

I've tried rebooting with same results. Any ideas?

Yes, I have. Same results. The master server can't contact the Netbackup database....

So you are not getting any backups then - Correct? Possible database corruption - I would suggest contacting Veritas directly on this issue as it is not a straight forward resolution.

ARGH! I was hoping I wouldn't have to do that since we've been without a contract for a year or so.... :(

You could perform a database restore - Assuming that you have good, valid database backups?

Turned out to be a DNS problem. Fixed the hosts and resolv.conf and it started again. Phew!

Another problem did come up though, for the exchange backups (Information Store, Directory, and mailboxes)
Getting error (12) file open failed. Not sure why....

If it is local then why a DNS error? Or was the original message about another server connecting to the master server? I would assume the latter now, in light of what you just mentioned.

For your other error - What is recorded in the bptm and bpdm logs? It is likely a permissions error where you need to have full access (The backup account) to the exchange databases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back