Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BPM ABL code accessing new record

Status
Not open for further replies.

EddieDa

Programmer
Oct 8, 2012
I need to create a BPM to send an email notification if an inventory qty adjust exceeds a certain dollar value. I'm looking into implementing a BPM to accomplish this. I've confirmed InventoryQtyAdj.SetInventoryQtyAdj() will create a new PartTran record, although I don't appear to have access to the newly created record or any unique identifier(e.g. primary key) to query the record from a BPM(per a trace I've run). I'm probably just going to query the partCost table and calculate the cost myself in the BPM, although it seems inefficient that I have to duplicate this work(e.g. the cost for the transaction was already calculated and a new record was already written to the partTran table). I should mention I've put some debug BPMs on the PartTran Update method, but it doesn't appear to be getting called although I do see a part tran record is created.... I'm fairly new to writing BPMs, so I'd like to learn from each issue I run into... Is there a better way to go about this?

TIA,
Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back