Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BP250 : 1. VMU-HD caused errors and must be restarted; 2. max. number of dect base station in system

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitram11

Technical User
Nov 21, 2005
DE
Hello,.

we have an old BP 250 System, which normally worked fine; PRM. is 18,

DSC_0381_muk6ix.jpg
DSC_0382_q5pda7.jpg
DSC_0383_txt7kz.jpg
now for a long period the VMU-HD caused Errors (see images maintance logs below) and then need to be restarted after 3-4 days of working stable; it seems to me, that the CPUD-5 recognize the fail funktion,try to restart the modul and failed/ or lost connection; so i have to shutdown/restart the modul manually over BMS and the it works again, but producing errors (same type) immidiatly; after a time there comes buffer oveflow..

any idear, what caused these type of error, or what to check ? ; i had to say, that i have no experiences of doing traces in the system, but would try it, if not to difficult.

or does this point, that the modul had a malfunktion and i should better swap it; have some (used) other moduls there..; i remember, that only eproms and store medium have to be changed to new modul, is that right?

2. annoter question: what is maximum of base dect station in sxstem; we have 3 ICLUs and 20 Bas stations (with power from backplane) at this time; can this be enlarged, when working with local power

Thanks for any advice in advance.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=fa6cffec-b6d9-45a0-ba5e-b398987357b7&file=DSC_0383.JPG
1*ICCU-2 + 3*ICLU=28 base stations
Max bases are 60 with 1 ICCU-2 and 7 ICLU

The card restart appears at system check time in the night.
If they are working at night I would first change the VMU memory card or try to format it.

Hello, xs650

thank you first for answering;

for my second question i have found a old hint from a erisson tech; there seems to be a limitation of 16-17 Base Stations by max. current of the backplane; (i was wrong with 20, we have only 16 active bases at this time); when 1 now try to sighn one more base station, it fail; so the only workarround to get more bases seems, to serve them with local power; i will try this.

to VMU-HD: what do you mean with "..if they are working at night.."; our BP is on, but no one is working in the night; i thougt , that only some maintanance jobs are going there;
If the mememory card caused the errors: is ist possible, to copy all our personal announcements and personal VMs to a new card ? Or is it possible, to copy this back after formating the card ?

for me i had suggested, that the modul sometimes failed, not the memory card ?

Thanks a lot and greetings from Germany

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back