Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BP R13 remote modem issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerlow66

Technical User
May 17, 2003
ZA
Hi all,

Recently, i had installed a BP250 R13 system.It consists only ISDN30 & all Digital extension.

1. Frist problem i encounter is sometime when i edit extension like name ,when i do a submission,the BP prompt me with " Communications error,please try again".But after a while it is ok.?? what wrong with the system?

2. Right now, i encounter another problem on my remote login.I can only login to the BP from my Home ( CO line) ,but unable to login from any extenion line ( had tried from various office).Is the system is locked by someone ?
3. Is since the system data is corrupted or somehow i did the wrong teps of programming.

Do i need to do a cold start to erase all the customer data & re-programm he system again.

Can someone advise.

Thank in advance.

Is the system syncronized from external source?
This is done via command 2061.
You can check it with bms under Maintenance-Link Supervisor,
it should say: Supervisor state : 10 / System is synchronized from external source.
You can also try to insert F4 in your init string under settings-connection parameters.

Hi Norrman,

I only see
1. Consolidation time from alarm to OK [2060] :
2. First priority link for synchronization [2061] :
in command 2061.

By the way, can i disable the external sync because i need to do remote maintenance in the office using extension line rather then at home using CO line.

& had tried to input the straing F4,but encounter error.My currently straing is

&FE0Q0V0X4&D2S2=29S0=0&K0S38=0, can you show mw where to insert the F4 string.

Thank You for the info.

Hi Norrman,

I had restared the system with a COLD Start to clear away all the OLD data & reloaded with all the new customer data again.

Right now is getting wrost because i can only connect to tht BP via Direct Serial & both remore login via CO & extension is not working now.

The error i had here is
1. Error system information could not be retrived ( halfway reading the directory data ).
Then after a while it gave
2. System could not be initalized.

Anyway the system now had showed actually what you had mentioned.

(Supervisor state : 10 / System is synchronized from external source.)

Any info.

Thank You.

Hi Norrman,

I had flash out all the old data with an COLD START on the system.

Right now is getting wrost , both Remote login via CO & Extension is able to connect to the system,but was kickout by the system with the below error
1.Error system infomation could not be retrieved. &
2. System could not be initlized(4020).

I can only login using Direct serial.

Any hints are always welcomed.Currently the system is running perfectly fine CPU-D4.

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back