Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BP 250 Auto attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbandere

Technical User
Jul 16, 2015
GB
How do i active auto attendant on BP250 ? I have activated voice memory card option commend 4603; and have created automated attendant, but when external incoming calls are made, i dont here the announcement. what could be missing int he configuration.

What is a configuration of the system? VMU-HD or MFU?? lines - analogue or ISDN PRA or BRA? Do you have individual Voicemail working correctly?

The system configuration has both VMU-HD and MFU, the line is ISDN PRA. And we have voice mail working.

When you said that you have VM working, is it working from external callers - eg. if you call VM pilot number via DID - you can access VM and hear option to enter your mailbox number? If yes, there should be no problem with AA...If not, you have problem with DTMF registry settings on BTU-D card.
If yes:
Cmd:
5424 - create AA - enter free directory number (from DID range, for test)
Once created, cmd. 8701 - AA reference message (1 - 41)
8702 - error reference - 42
Other inputs as per requirements (destination for digits pressed).
From executive phone, log into the system programing and record message with cmd. 4411.
Try calling number from cmd. 5424 from any phone (internally) - you should be able to hear recorded message and make selection.
Now try to call externally (if number is from DID range) - you should be able to hear message and make selection.
If not:
Well, big problem. You have to uninstall BTU-D card and install again with DIP-switch 197/1 on (default is off). Be aware that all related BTU-D programming will be lost and need to be re-programmed again (number analysis, protocol, answering positions,...).
Not easy job...
Godd Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back