Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOXI Enterprise / Link to a file in a folder 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zigstick

Technical User
Jun 1, 2006
US
Hello, I'm using BOXI 3.1 Enterprise and need help with this situation:
A user will push text and pdf files to a folder on our reporting server on a daily basis. I would like to add each of these files into a CMS folder daily. Is there a way to automate this process or to link the files to the CMS folder?

Sorry if my description is poorly worded. :)

mark

Objects (reports, files, etc) in BOXI have two components - a record in the CI_INFOOBJECTS database that contains all of the relevant information about the object, including a point to a separate file in either the Input or Output file repository. So, there is no way to put files in a specific folder and have BOXI automatically add them to the database and put the file on one of the repositories. You will have to write a program using the SDK to load these files into your BOXI system. You can use either the Java or .NET SDK to do this.

I have C# .NET sample code for this available on my website at [link]http://www.dellstinnett.com/sample_code.html[/url]. Look for "Code for BOPublishFiles Assembly". This code was originally written for XI r2, but I'm pretty sure the version that I've uploaded to the site was set up for 3.1.

-Dell

DecisionFirst Technologies - Seven-time SAP BusinessObjects Solution Partner of the Year

Thanks much for the good info Hilfy! I'll take a look at your sample code. Appreciate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back