Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BOXI : BO Universe Importing

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnPDuffy

Technical User
Apr 4, 2005
US
------------
Currently using:
CR 9
CE 9
BO 5.1

Migrating to:
BOXI for everything above
------------

I have some older, version 5.1, universes that I need to migrate over to the new BOXI environment for the initial release of my BOXI project. I know that there is not an import wizard or other application that is provided by BO to allow me to do this. I have, however, been able to save the *.UNV file onto the network and then open it in the BOXI Universe Designer to export it into the BOXI environment. It seems to work, but now I am concerned that there are underlying issues that I am not aware of. Does anyone know if migrating a BO 5.1 universe onto the BOXI platform like this will cause me problems in the long run?

Thanks,
Shawn
Portland, OR, USA

I would assume the Import Wizard does not do anything special to the universe, otherwise BusinessObjects would have suggested that using the Import Wizard was the ONLY way to migrate in order to have a supported environment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back