Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boundingbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkister

Technical User
Nov 1, 2001
RO
I have a Newgen 94g (Ultre) very old imagesetter, with a DOS-based RIP. I use Appletalk to communicate with it. Usually I print from CorelDraw 8,10,11. Until now I used Win 98, but now I decided to switch for win 2000 or XP. I installed them on 2 computers and after a week of struggle with drivers, different versions of Maclan, I decided to use the latest Adobe Postscript driver (5.2?). Now my RIP software does not recognize the page length in the ps files that I send to it. It's rather an annoyance than a real problem, but I tried to solve it and I started digging. And I found out that now the header is very different. And the problem resides in the fact that the boundingbox is listed at the end of the ps file. Is there any way to make the driver put this string at the beginning?
If anyone has an idea, please help me. Maybe there is a script or any trick to force the driver (or the program - CorelDraw in my case) to put this info at the beginning of the file.
Thanks

I am not sure, I think it't PS1, because in the manual there is no notice of PS2. But on the HardLock it's written PS2.

I ask because pagesize is generally set by the "setpagedevice" operator. %%BoundingBox is after all just a comment, and RIPs don't have to respect comments.

In any case, you can't really change how the driver produces postscript, you can change some things in the PPD that the driver uses.

Or you can alter the PostScript manually.

Sorry, but with your setup those are your options.

Status
Not open for further replies.