Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bound object Frames - I need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

scollins

MIS
Nov 30, 2001
US
I want to use a bound object frame and put 3 option buttons in this frame. I then want to say if this option button is checked update the rst with a value of true and if this optino button is checked, update the rst with a value of true etc. However, I want the users to only have the ability to check one box and when they do check the box, the rst will be updated.

Any suggestions...

Thank you

Hi!

You don't want the bound object frame control, you will need to use the option group. If you put your check boxes in an option group then Access will allow the user to check only one of the group and the value of the option group will be equal to the option value of the box checked.

hth Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

So when I code it to populate the recordset do I say
if me![name of option button or option group?].value = true (or do I put the actual value I gave each box in the properties) then
rst.edit
rst![vtd1].value = true
rst.update

Thank you!

Hi again!

Most programmers would probably use a Select statement:

Select Case YourOptionGroup.Value
Case 1(or whatever you used)
rst.edit
rst![vtd1].value = true
rst.update
Case etc.