Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bound Controls Update Tables on Form Close

Status
Not open for further replies.

sethdromgoole

Programmer
Apr 7, 2005
US
Hello,

I have created an access form with bound controls to a table. I want the users to be able to change the controls' values, however, I do not want the controls to automatically update the table on the form close. Rather, I want the users to click a 'Save' button to update the tables. Any suggestions on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Seth Dromgoole

First thought is don't use bound controls - populate the form through code.

Hope this helps.

The problem with this method is that the controls are all combo boxes, and populating through code causes the form to load very slowly, especially when being used by field agents who have low bandwidth connections to the servers. The bound controls increase the speed of form loading.

-Seth

How about

If me.Dirty Then
docmd.runcommand acCmdUndo
end if

in On form close event,

if the user has first saved the updates, then they are saved, if not, they are undone

Just another point, updates are also autimatically saved when you move to a different record, you may need to handle that too

Regards

Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
Website needs upgrading, but for now - UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back