Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bought an office building with a Samsung OfficeServ 7400 system in it - need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ELsystems

Technical User
Jun 1, 2021
BE
Hi all, I hope some of you could help me out here..

So our company recently bought a new office building and what's driving me nuts, is the Samsung PBX system that came with the building. My experience lays with 3CX and those kinda systems, this Samsung system has been a pain in the *** for a month already, I just can't get it to work, nor can I even connect to the damn thing. Me and my team have to get this up and running by the end of June when the entire company will actually move over to the new building or we'll need an entirely new phone system..

So the system itself exists out of the following components:
- a Ubigate IBG1003
- an IPX-S500 server
- aN OfficeServ 7400 with the following components:
* 1x MP40
* 1x LP40
* 1x MGI64
* 1x SVMi-20i
* 2x TEPRI2
* 1x TEPRIa
- +/- 80 IP phones (SMT-i5210 & SMT-i5220S)

I got the server hooked up to the LAN network, each port that says LAN on the officeserv is connected as well, I can find the IP addresses in the network but when I try to connect to them, nothing... I've been looking all over the internet for a solution and tried pretty much everything I can find but still without success so I hope one of you could guide me in setting up / cabling this system. Any ideas?

Thanks.

The SCM Server does have a web interface for configuration. The Officeserv does not. It will need the OSDM software to configure.
Do you know if the phones are setup to connect to the SCM or the OfficeServ?

Thank for the reply.

Yeah, I got into the SCM server after I did a reset on it and after configuring its IP setup. Strange thing though, after I entered the web interface the first time, and to be clear, I didn't change any of the settings then since it was just an attempt to actually connect to the system, I wasn't able to access the web interface afterward. I checked if the problem was with JAVA or with the trusted websites in IE, they're all good.

In regard to the officeserv, I do have the OSDM software and installation tool and whatnot, and when I boot the officeserv, I do see its IP address on the LAN network but when I try to connect to it from the software, it starts to load, gives me an error after 10-15 seconds and then the IP address also just disappears from the LAN network until I shut off and reboot the officeserv again.

If to go on the intel I got from the technician from the company that was in the building before we bought it, the phones were set up to connect to the officeserv. Also from what I understand, once you upgrade the firmware of the phones and set them up to connect to the SCM, you will no longer be able to connect them to the officeserv, it's a process that can't be reversed. Is this correct?

Elsystems
You may need to add the SCM to the JAVA security and then try to reconnect.

For the OfficeServ Check your encryption with your login. try toggling it on or off.
Also you may need to just do a reboot if the issue is still occurring.

If you change firmware on the 52xx phones it will not always be able to be reversed.
I would not recommend updating the firmware unless you have specific need to.

Thank you Peaty 1 for the info but we decided to just abandon the entire Samsung PBX altogether and switch to a 3CX system with Cisco phones which are very familiar to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back