Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bottleneck when loading a large report from CE10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyu

Programmer
Feb 8, 2005
US
Hi, my company created a .net website which communicates with CE10 to display reports on our own website. It works but I just found a seemingly bottleneck: if I open a very large report(which takes 10+ minutes to run the stored procedure), then at the same time if I try to to open another page of our website, (no matter whether the 2nd page contains crystal stuff or not), it becomes very very slow to load the 2nd page,usually it will appear only after the first large report is finished.

Can anybody here give me some clues here that what I shall do to fix it? Currently I have no clues of why this happens. Thanks a lot!!

Here is the main code I use, it is about the same as those from CE developer documentation.

LogOn:
enterpriseSession = sessionMgr.Logon(user,pwd,cms,type);
enterpriseService = enterpriseSession.GetService("InfoStore");
infoStore = new InfoStore(enterpriseService);
Session["InfoStore"] = infoStore;
Session["EnterpriseSession"] = enterpriseSession;

open report:
EnterpriseSession enterpriseSession = (EnterpriseSession)Session["EnterpriseSession"];
EnterpriseService ceRasEnterpriseService = enterpriseSession.GetService("RASReportFactory");
Object oRasEnterpriseService = ceRasEnterpriseService.Interface;
ReportAppFactory ceRasReportFactory = (ReportAppFactory)oRasEnterpriseService;
ReportClientDocument ceRasReport = new ReportClientDocumentClass();
ceRasReport = (ReportClientDocument)ceRasReportFactory.OpenDocument(reportID, 0);

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back