Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Both T1 & PRI Showing ClockSync is loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrzyIrish

MIS
Apr 1, 2004
US
I have a backup T1 in a 100DS1 module (slot 4) and a PRI in a 100DCD board (slot 5). I am currently experiencing frame slips and misallignments which are most likely due to the carrier anyway (their router is showing framing errors and service dropped out this morning), but i did stumble across a strange clocking issue with my magix R3. My clocks were set up wrong to begin with. When i changed them I set the PRI (slot 5 DCD) to be the primary and to sync with the loop and I set the backup T1 (slot 4) to be the secondary and to sync locally. When i go through maintenance to check to status of the clocks they both show that the clocksync is loop the dcd is active and the DS1 is not active. Does the primary clock have to be the first slot w/ a T1 and the secondary a latter slot or is this ok the way i have it set up?

The primary clock does NOT have be sourced from the 100 module in the first slot.

The most reliable timing is derived from digital facilities (T1/PRI) to your long distance carrier. Your second choice is a T1/PRI connected to the local carrier. Tie lines or point-to-point T1/PRI lines to another PBX can be used as well, but it can be tricky. See pages 5-7 in the Merlin Legend Network Reference (555-661-150) for proof.

Tell me what you've got the PRI and T1 connected to, and I'll give you the settings you need.

Both T-1 modules should be set to Loop, this means take your timing from the CO providing the service and not another T-1 in the PBX. Even when you have two T-1's or two PRI's from the same vendor they should each be set to LOOP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back