Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

both pop & notes mail in same location

Status
Not open for further replies.

santo2001

Programmer
Sep 18, 2001
BE
Is it possible to read both my pop3 mail (my private mail) and my notes mail (bussiness mail on domino server) with my notes client and putting the mails of the two accounts each in their own .nsf file ?
I am able to setup my notes client to read them both, but then all mails (private and bussiness) are stored in the same database file and I don't want that.
Also I don't want to switch between two location preferences all the time.

1. You can write a rule or create an agent to sort your inbound mail into separate folders.

2. You can replicate your database, and in the replication settings you can choose to replicate only one of the folders set up in Step 1. Then write an agent to delete the mail in the folder just replicated from.

Hope this helps,

DDickey

I don't know how you would think:

Actually the best and simplest way is to set another account and another mailbox for your pop3/imap use only.

For example, your Notes name is John@a.com, so you use it for notes mail or anything notes (with ID).
Then set John_home@a.com as the name for pop3, you will need another personal document in the address book (no ID needed).

So now you can use John@a.com for office and John_home@a.com for private.

Ask the server administrator to do that, it will take no more than 10 minutes.
----------------------------------------
Power up your Notes/Domino if you know how to use it!
Q1: what is power?
Q2: what is up?
Q3: what is Notes/Domino? *&%$#@
----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back