Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boss' stupid requests....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenlion

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2001
I upgraded boss to Outlook XP last week. Now he's complaining that when he replies to someone, it replies in the format that the original message contained. Duh. Of course. That's a GOOD thing. But no. He's got a fancy signature, and he wants to send it, regardless of whether the recipient can see it.

Then he's upset that I can't find a setting for always REPLYING with a certain format. I know how to always SEND with HTML, Rich Text, or Plain Text, but not how to force a reply into HTML. I saw a previous thread that mentioned this; the suggestion was to re-format after hitting "reply" and selecting all text. Well, that's not good enough for Mr. Boss. It must be automatic.

Does anyone know?

Thanks...

Not possible with outlook though possible with Outlook Express.
You will have to manually change the format. But, if the person is sending using plain text, best method is to reply in same format as u don't know whether he/she at the other end can handle HTML format.

regards
MP

No kidding, that's what I told him. But he figures that doesn't matter, since it's not what he wants. And he keeps insisting that Outlook 2000 wasn't that way, it's just since the upgrade. Duh. No.

Oh well. At least there's not something silly and stupid I'm missing. Thanks for the reply.

I have experienced the exact same problem with my "mr boss", and it is true. outlook 2000 can change the formatting to rich text even if email received is in Plain text.

If you do find a way of setting up the default text (in email.dot) and saving it, then please let me know.

only way to fix this is to install outlook 2000 on his pc with office xp as i have done, problem resolved.

Hey!!!..

Do we both work for the same boss???

Sounds like it.. *L*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back