Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Boss and 2 secretaries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nafetz

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2011
DE
In the business I'm working we have now two secretaries working in one office each responsible for one manager. In normal cases none of the manager's phones should ring. Instead the call should be redirected to the responsible secretary. If the secretary's phone has already a call it should be forwarded to the other secretary. The managers phones are only allowed to ring when the secretary calls or transfers a call.
And here is my problem: I don't find a way how both secretaries can transfer a call to one manager. I tried "do not disturb" with a whitelist but when the secretary wants to transfer a call then the whitelist checks the number of the caller and doesn't recognize the secretary. And the call forwarding that we're using so far only allows one secretary to transfer a call.
So far I found no solution. Even with Voicemail Pro I found no field value to recognize the secretary while transferring a call.
Any ideas?

Assuming the boss has extension 100 create a short code #100/Dial Extension by number/100.

Know it in German and hope the English name of the function fits.

Thank you very much for your quick response.
This is "Nebenstelle nach Nummer anwählen" in German?
Sounds very interesting. So everyone in the company could call #100 to get to the manager (if they would know that this number exists)?
I will do some tests tomorrow to confirm.

Correct. But in your case I would create it as user short code for the secretaries and not as a system short code.

Great! Works perfect. Thanks for the hint with the user short code. I didn't notice this possibility so far :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back