Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

borland turbo c++ compiler help

Status
Not open for further replies.

startspark9

Vendor
Jun 10, 2006
US
in an attempt to run the compiler to convert from .c to .obj i get this "warning w8065
call to function 'Printf' with no prototype in function main" and i would greatly appreicate it if any one could tell me what it means and how to fix it.

You will probably have more success if you post in the correct forum - this is not a C programming forum, its an InterBase database forum.

However, as we are all extremely helpful types here I will take a wild stab at it and make the following comments which may or may not be of any particular use:
1) I am not sure why would you want to save a C++ file as .c, I thought that .cpp was the standard extension ? and
2) I guess you should be looking at your includes to make sure that you have the header required for the printf fuction prototype (iostream? stdio? <something else>?)

Try posting to a C forum where you will get a more appropriate response.

have a good one

:)

ujb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back