Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Borland Pascal - Graphics problem again 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

waloon

Programmer
Jan 31, 2004
SK
This is a problem with running the graphics programs using the "outtextxy", where some notebooks and PC's don't show numbers and spaces - they show messy characters instead. This problem was discussed earlier here, but with no particular solution. Has anyone solved this problem for himself? How, please? Thank you.

This problem is due to modern BIOSes not supporting the (full) ASCII set anymore. Try to use smallfont, if you don't use large characters, it's as good as defaultfont (it's proportional though). You can also use gothicfont, triplexfont, sansseriffont, ...

Example:
Code:
settextstyle(defaultfont,horizdir,1);
outtext('messy font (on some PCs)');
settextstyle(smallfont,horizdir,4);
outtext('small font');

Regards,
Bert Vingerhoets
vingerhoetsbert@hotmail.com
Don't worry what people think about you. They're too busy wondering what you think about them.

Thank you, Bertv100, I had to use my own outtext procedure, which is "drawing" messy characters. Using of smallfont instead of defaultfont was not the solution for me, because it really looks different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back