Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Borland C++ IDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

TojoThomas

Programmer
Dec 9, 2008
JP
Hi all,
I am new to Borland C++ and from the first time itself I had to work on a Japanese IDE in a Japanese windows XP(I don't know Japanese). Its a trap where your common sense and previous experiences in other IDE s wont help much.
I face the following problems

1, I cant recognize the meaning of menu items and Options dialog items etc.
2, I cant recognize the compile and linker erros shown in Japanese
3, I cannot figure out how to use common debugging techniques like call stack, watch window etc.
4, For code browsing I need to know if there is options like Go to definition / find references / Open declaration file etc.
5, Is there some re factoring support in this IDE like renaming variables / functions etc with automatic reference modification.
6, Wish to know the useful shortcut keys available in IDE.

I use Borland C++ builder professional 6.0.

Also if you can tell me a way to change the IDE language to English it will be most helpful.

I am not in a position to demand my client to buy an English version software just for me.

Thanks in advance.

My instinct would be to assume that the IDE adopts whatever locale the OS is running; if you change the Windows locale to English, C++ Builder would turn to English. Have you tried that?

Before Borland hosted Borland C++ Builder 6.0 Personal for free on CodeGear, so I'm sure you could just google it and download it for free in English.

I'm not sure what the difference between Pro and Personal is, in Delphi 6 I haven't seen a big difference in the Pro and Personal (Which was also hosted for free). The pro version had a few more Components, but nothing big.

So your best bet is to google :)

Or you could try the suggestion posted above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back