Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bordermanager on SBS 5.1 server design question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyHerrera

Technical User
Jun 8, 2004
US
I installed SBS 5.1 in a rural location several years ago. They finally got high speed Internet in the form of Direcway Satellite service with a static IP. The client wants to control internet access and I thought of installing Bordermanager 3.5 (bundled with SBS) to be the firewall and control user access. This is a 5 user network running standard file and print services in addtion to Groupwise for Internet email. The Satellite system uses their DW6000 series "satellite modem" with an ethernet port with assigned address of 192.168.0.1 on the LAN side. It currently runs on an XP workstation seperate from the production network. I am using ICS to share the Internet with the network. All workstations have firewall and Anti-virus software installed.

Questions:

1) Can Bordermanager be put on the same box as the SBS server safely?

2) Is there a guide or cheat sheet available that might show me how to implement BM in this enviroment?

Any help is appreciated.

-Tony Herrera-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back