Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BorderManager and Macintosh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

torner

IS-IT--Management
Dec 27, 2000
US
I am semi-successfully using Macintosh OS 9.0.4 through 9.2.2 computers with Internet Explorer 5.0 through BManager 3.7/Cyber Patrol. I was fortunate enough to have a user from Italy send me a 'contact Microsoft for this file' file. On my own I found that I must turn off Virtual Memory and have to allow local disk access with FoolProof (desktop protection app). The computers are working but are prone to lock up and intermittent blank dialog boxes. I would appreciate any insight anyone can give on their successful/unsuccessful use of this combination. With all due respect to the community, please keep the 'get rid of the Macintoshes' comments to yourselves. This is a K-12 education environment. Ditching the Macintosh computers is simply not an option at this time

keep the macs, dump FoolProof. There are other options (plus there are many documented hacks for foolproof), don't think the students won't do somthing or won't know how to do something. Students are the most dangerous end users when it comes to system security. Brent Schmidt CNE, Network +
Senior Network Engineer
KIS Computer Center - East Bay, California; USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back