Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Border with straight edge and rounded inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzle

Programmer
Nov 14, 2003
US
I am trying to create an image border. I want the border around the picture to resemble a frame in the fact that the outside edges will be straight and at 90 degree angles. However on the inside where the border touches the image I want it rounded. I have found many tutorials for making rounded boxes but this isnt what I am looking for. I have tried making different layers using transparencies but I cant get this to work the right way, not to mention im a novice at best. any suggestions?

there is a plug in you can get which will put a picture frame around a picture. I think it comes with fireworks, under commands > creative.
If it's not there, check the macromedia site for plugins.

----------------------------------------
Sometimes, when my code just won't behave, I take it outside and make it listen to britney spears music, and when it comes back it's really well behaved. I wonder if it's suffering from post tramatic stress syndrome now..

I came up with a way to do it that is kind of makeshift but it works. I draw a rectangle with whatever color border I want. Then I draw a rounded rectangle in the middle of the first rectangle where I want my picture to show. Then I highlight both of those objects open the drop down modify menu from the menu bar on top, mouse over combine paths and choose punch. It punches that whole of the rounded rectangle out of the original one and accomplished what I was looking for

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back