Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Border line color for items with bevel=plain in Forms6i

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricaforrica

Programmer
Jun 30, 2005
PT
Hello!

I'm redesigning the interfaces of an application developed in Forms6i.

I changed the bevel property of some input items to "plain" (this inserts a border outside the item). By default, the color of this border is black, and I can't seem to change it!!

I searched for a property in the palette (similar to the edge foreground color which exists in labels) but couldn't find any... also used the "line color" button from the toolbox in layout editor, but with no results...

Can anyone help me?
Thanks in advance,

Ricardo Pinto

I think you'll find the border line colour is controlled by the OS not Forms (eg. by changing the Windows colour scheme).

For coloured borders, create a display item with no bevel that is larger than your item by 1 line width all round. The set the background colour of the display item.

You can also change the colour programatically for dynamic effect!

Hello!

Changing the Windows Color Scheme really changes the color of a Forms6i item's border??? :p Very odd!

Well, I believe I'll have to manually create those display items to change the color! :'(

Thanks for your help,

Ricardo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back